Hotel booking expert lists perfect places to see and stay among Hollywood icons
DALLAS – May 17, 2012 – Starting this week, celebrities, producers and financiers are touching down and docking in the French Riviera for the world-famous, star-studded Cannes Film Festival. Don’t have the bank account to jet to Cannes and spot all your favorite celebs? Don’t worry: there are plenty of properties and destinations to have your celeb sighting. Hotels.com® has assembled the top city hotspots and secluded retreats for travelers to marvel at the lifestyle of Hollywood idols while being pampered like they are celebrities themselves. The best part is that Welcome Rewards™ members may use their credits to redeem a free or discounted night at one of these posh properties.
“If you want to live the life of luxury, you can enjoy a five-star hotel stay just like a celebrity – maybe even rubbing elbows with one in the process!” says Taylor L. Cole, director public relations and social media, North America at Hotels.com. “Guests can use their Welcome Rewards credits to book an affordable night at a five-star hotel or a traveler’s Welcome Rewards credits can be applied toward a more expensive room as an upgrade to a more luxurious stay for a fraction of the cost.”
Whether looking for the “city” or “country” experience, Hotels.com has a recommendation for all travelers:
City Celeb Spotting
- Chateau Marmont, Los Angeles –This historic Sunset Boulevard hotel is a Mecca for the rich, famous, and fabulous. Built in 1927, generations of artists, novelists and screenwriters have produced work within the hotel’s walls including: Hunter S. Thompson, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tim Burton and Sofia Coppola. More recently, Emma Roberts, Justin Timberlake, Jessica Biel, and Kirsten Dunst have been spotted lounging on the overstuffed couches and sipping cocktails at Bar Marmont.
- Metropolitan Hotel, London – Contemporary, chic, and with stunning views of Hyde Park and the London skyline, the Metropolitan Hotel has hosted A-listers such as Madonna, Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Tom Hanks and Cameron Diaz. Enjoy dinner at the Japanese-Peruvian, Michelin-starred restaurant, Nobu, then retreat for post-dinner cocktails at the exclusive Met Bar, which is open to hotel guests and members only.
- Soho Grand Hotel, New York City –Celebrities are commonplace at this luxury hotel located in one of Manhattan’s most iconic neighborhoods. Lindsay Lohan, Heidi Klum, Kevin Spacey and even local Manhattanite Sarah Jessica Parker have been spotted at this trendy hotspot. Guests enjoy complimentary iPad and MacBook Pro access, top-notch service at Prive Salon, and can even adopt a pet goldfish during a stay.
- Geejam, Jamaica – Nestled in the lush and laid back surroundings of Port Antonio, Jamaica, the trendy, über luxury Geejam Hotel draws a mix of celebrities from actresses like Sharon Stone and Grace Jones to world-famous recording artists like Gwen Stefani and Bjork. Guests can enjoy state-of-the-art technology, Apple TV, and a private beach. Upon arrival, guests are provided a cell phone to use throughout their stay, connecting them with all hotel services, other guests and the outside world.
- Bacara Resort & Spa, Santa Barbara – Perched on the beach just north of Santa Barbara, this Spanish-influenced luxury resort features direct beach access and world-class golf. Fergie, Josh Duhamel and Jennie Garth are a few of the Hollywood stars to have relaxed at this oceanfront property. The resort has an array of leisure and recreational activities to please guests including four lighted tennis courts, three zero-edge swimming pools, the four restaurants including four-star Miro restaurant, the Spa at Bacara and much more.
- The Little Nell, Aspen – The Little Nell, one of the legendary star-studded hotels in this mountain town, is internationally renowned as a glamorous playground for the famous and wealthy. This resort has hosted Hollywood idols such as: Jack Nicholson, Mariah Carey and Kate Hudson. The intimate hotel offers indulgences such as an Audi Test Drive Program, heli-skiing, ski concierge services, and other unique services. Relax at Executive Chef Robert McMormick’s Forbes Four Star Award-winning restaurant, Montagna, while enjoying a bottle of wine from the property’s 20,000 bottle wine cellar.
Welcome Rewards, the Hotels.com loyalty program, allows travelers to collect 10 nights and get one free. Guests can book at over 65,000 hotels worldwide with no date restrictions. The maximum value of the free night is the average daily rate of the 10 nights previously stayed. Guests can use this value towards a more expensive luxury room.
Hotels.com is a leading online accommodation booking website with more than 150,000 properties around the world, ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favorites and bed & breakfasts, together with all the information needed to book the perfect stay. Hotels.com benefits from one of the largest hotel contracting teams in the industry, negotiating the best rates for its customers, and offers frequent sales, special deals and promotions. There are more than 6.5 million Guest Reviews on the site from users who have actually stayed in the hotels to ensure customers can make an informed choice when booking. Through its industry-leading loyalty program Welcome Rewards™, customers can earn a free night for every 10 nights stayed at more than 65,000 hotels. Under its Price Match Guarantee, if a customer can find the same deal for less on a prepaid hotel, Hotels.com will refund the difference. Travelers can book online or by contacting one of the multilingual call centers. Special apps for mobile phones and tablets can also be downloaded at www.hotels.com/deals/mobile_app/ enabling customers to book on the go with access to 20,000 last minute deals. Hotels.com publishes an award-winning twice-yearly review of international hotel room price trends called the Hotels.com Hotel Price Index™, which is now produced in 31 individual country editions, with North American data available at www.hotel-price-index.com. Follow Hotels.com on Facebook at www.facebook.com/hotelsdotcom, on Twitter at www.twitter.com/hotelsdotcom and on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/hotelsdotcom. Hotels.com is part of Expedia Inc., the largest online travel company in the world with an extensive portfolio that includes some of the world’s best-known brands.
Hotels.com, Welcome Rewards, Finding You The Perfect Place and the Hotels.com logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotels.com, LP. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. © 2012 Hotels.com, LP. All rights reserved. CST # 2083949-50
# # #
Megan Tyrie – Finn Partners for hotels.com
Taylor L. Cole, APR
hotels.com North America
Phone: (469) 335-8442