- 34 percent say free Wi-Fi is the number one factor in choosing a hotel even on leisure stays.
- 56 percent of respondents said free Wi-Fi was their number one must-have when traveling for business.
- 66 percent indicated free Wi-Fi is the amenity they most wish would become standard at all hotels in 2013.
- Technological creature comforts of home are also high on the priority list for travelers with 23 percent choosing high-end coffee makers as their top modern in hotel room amenity.
- Keeping hydrated when travelling is important to hotel guests with 43 percent choosing complimentary bottled water as the most appreciated simple amenity.
- Free breakfast ranked as the favorite (31 percent) non-tech item global travelers want to see become standard at all hotels in 2013.
- Happy hours, wine tastings or any other time with free food and drinks is 42 percent of global travelers’ favorite newly offered hotel service amenity, with international breakfast options coming in second (19 percent).
- Travelers cite unlimited free food and beverages as their most (23 percent) missed comfort from home when travelling. Another 14 percent said they miss access to cooking in their kitchen the most.
- 26 percent say their favorite amenity while staying at a luxury hotel is the high end fitness center and/or spa, while designer toiletries also rank highly (21 percent).
- While travelers enjoy their time living the highlife, the promotion of bath menus/bath butlers (26 percent) and turn down service (24 percent) as amenities simply aren’t of interest according to survey respondents.
- More than half of respondents (54 percent) chose the complimentary use of a Rolls Royce Phantom as the “outrageous” luxury hotel amenity they’d most like to experience. No real surprise there!
# # #About Hotels.com® Hotels.com is a leading online accommodation booking brand. Through its global network of websites, Hotels.com, LP connects travelers with over 160,000 properties around the world, ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favorites and bed & breakfasts, together with all the information needed to book the perfect stay. Hotels.com, LP benefits from one of the largest hotel contracting teams in the industry, obtaining the best rates for its customers, and offers frequent sales, special deals and promotions. There are more than 7 million Guest Reviews on the websites from users who have actually stayed in the hotels to ensure customers can make an informed choice when booking. Through Hotels.com, LP’s industry-leading loyalty program Welcome Rewards®, customers can earn a free night for every 10 nights stayed at more than 85,000 hotels. Under its Price Match Guarantee, if a customer can find the same deal for less on a prepaid hotel, Hotels.com, LP will refund the difference. Travelers can book online or by contacting one of the multilingual call centers. Special apps for mobile phones and tablets can also be downloaded at www.hotels.com/deals/mobile_app/ enabling customers to book on the go with access to 20,000 last minute deals. Hotels.com publishes an award-winning twice-yearly review of international hotel room price trends called the Hotels.com Hotel Price Index™, which is now produced in 31 individual country editions, with North American data available at www.hotel-price-index.com. Follow Hotels.com on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Hotels.comUS, on Twitter at www.twitter.com/hotelsdotcom and on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/hotelsdotcom. Hotels.com. LP is part of Expedia, Inc., the largest online travel company in the world with an extensive portfolio that includes some of the world’s best-known brands. Hotels.com, Finding You The Perfect Place and the Hotels.com logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotels.com, LP. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. © 2013 Hotels.com, LP. All rights reserved. CST # 2083949-50
Press contacts:Ashley Aberbach – Finn Partners for Hotels.com Phone: (212) 715-1524 Email: email@example.com Twitter: @finnpartners Taylor L. Cole, APR Hotels.com North America Phone: (469) 335-8442 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @TravelwithTLC