- Instagram’s most outrageously-stylish grandma announces a once-in-a-lifetime #BadAssBucketList trip with Hotels.com
- Baddie’s trip celebrates Hotels.com Rewards* with the Insta-granma giving her free hotel night to a superfan after completing 10 bucket list activities and hotel stays
- She’s been stealing your man since 1928 and now she’s chasing waterfalls in Niagara Fallsdancing with drag queens in London and getting cheeky on the beach in Brazil
- Baddie’s not the only gung-ho granny teaching the young guns about travel, as one in five under 30s (18%) confess their travel plans are inspired by their favorite oldies
TORONTO, ON OCTOBER 10, 2017 – Today Baddie Winkle and Hotels.com® announce that the Instagram superstar will be heading to Niagara Falls for the kick-off of her #BadAssBucketList tour of North America, Brazil and Europe. Baddie wrote on her Instagram page today; ‘Guys!!!!! @hotelsdotcom is giving me my bad ass bucket list of a lifetime!! I’m international baby! See you soon #BadAssBucketList’.
The epic trip will see the 89-year-old star, whose celebrity fans include Miley Cyrus, Khloe Kardashian and Nicole Richie, tick off her ultimate bucket list, including VIP helicopter rides, samba dancing with Brazilian beauties and riding the legendary Niagara Falls boat tour experience in Canada.
Baddie’s Top 10 Bucket List includes:
- Chase waterfalls in Niagara Falls
- Mix bad ass cocktails at a New York City rooftop bar
- Score a touchdown with a Dallas Cowboy
- Ride a helicopter across the Grand Canyon
- Shake her ass at a Samba class with the locals in Rio de Janeiro
- Watch hunky volley ball players on Ipanema beach
- Bag herself a Prince at Buckingham Palace in London
- Enjoy an eye-popping performance at the Moulin Rouge in Paris
- Sing, dance and drink in a traditional Irish pub in Dublin
- Spend the night reveling at G-A-Y London
Baddie’s #BadAssBucketList trip celebrates the Hotels.com Rewards program*, which gives members one free hotel night for every ten stayed. Baddie will complete 10 bucket list activities and hotel stays, then give her free Hotels.com Rewards night to one lucky mega-fan. The last night of Baddie’s bucket list bonanza will see her touchdown in London, where the super-fan will hook up with Baddie’s squad and complete the last activity on her bucket list with her.
Details of this once-in-a-lifetime social media competition can be found on Hotels.com Instagram page. Wannabe squad members need to share a picture of themselves completing one of their bucket list goals to be in with a chance of heading to a surprise vacation to hang out with Baddie herself!
Talking about her upcoming trip, Baddie said; “I am so excited for my trip with Hotels.com! I have always wanted to party in London, go to the Moulin Rouge in Paris and watch cheeky volleyball players do their thing on a beach in Brazil. Life is only as rewarding as you make it, so make the most of it!”
Baddie’s plus one for the tour will be her 21-year-old great granddaughter, Kennedy. New research** from Hotels.com reveals there’s a new trend in groovy grandparents teaching young travellers a thing or two about making the most of life, as a fifth of under 30s across the world are inspired to travel based on the adventures of their grandparents and parents.
And it seems bad ass grandparents make the coolest travel companions, as 40% of millennials would prefer to complete their bucket lists with their parents or grandparents – that’s more than celebs (11%), siblings (28%) or on their own (25%).
Baddie is the ultimate ‘Glam Ma’ but almost a fifth of millennials admit to having a glamourous gran and one in eight confessed that their gran (or nana) was cooler than them and travelled more than them!
Josh Belkin, VP and General Manager, North America for Hotels.com brand, said; “We are the biggest fans of Baddie Winkle here at Hotels.com. We love her immense passion for life and her outrageously stylish wardrobe. We’re so excited to see what adventures she gets up to on her Bad Ass Bucket List tour.
“We know Baddie will have the most amazing trip, staying at some of the coolest hotels around the globe. We’re all about giving travellers the most rewarding experiences, which is why we are very proud of Hotels.com Rewards, where members can collect 10 hotel nights and get one free. Baddie will spend her free Rewards night in London living it up with a super fan but don’t miss a second of Baddie’s experience, so check us out on social for details!”
Follow Baddies’ #BadAssBucketList Tour across her Instagram account and Hotels.com social channels including Instagram and Facebook. Start your own adventure by downloading the Hotels.com mobile app to choose from hundreds of thousands of places to stay around the world.
For further information, imagery or interview requests please contact:
Hill + Knowlton
Notes to Editors
* The Reward Night is exclusive taxes and fees. The value of the reward night corresponds to the average accommodation price of the 10 previously collected overnight stays. Registration and booking are available through the www.hotels.com website, as well as the hotels.com app on the Apple Store and on Google Play.
**Research conducted by One Poll in September 2017. Data based on 5,200 respondents across 28 countries.
***Secret Prices are available to Hotels.com app users, Hotels.com Rewards members and individuals who unlock Secret Prices on the website by subscribing to Hotels.com by email. Secret Prices will be shown where the “Your Secret Price” banner is displayed on your search results. Available on selected hotels and selected dates only. Subject to full terms and conditions.
Hotels.com L.P. operates Hotels.com, a leading online accommodation booking website with properties ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favourites and bed & breakfasts, together with all the information needed to book the perfect stay. Customers get instant savings with Secret Prices*** and Hotels.com Rewards members can earn and redeem reward nights* at thousands of properties worldwide. The Hotels.com Mobile Concierge on iPhone is like having a local expert in the palm of your hand, offering fast access to services such as transportation, on-demand food delivery, restaurant reservations and activities.
© 2017 Hotels.com, LP. All rights reserved. Hotels.com and the Hotels.com logo are trademarks of Hotels.com, LP. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.