- 50% + increase in Americans searching for UK hotel deals
- Hotels now available for half the price of 2015 average
- com offers 10% off hotels with UKVACAY coupon
DALLAS, TX – June 29, 2016 – The Brexit vote and subsequent drop in the value of the pound has sparked huge demand from American travelers looking to grab a vacation bargain across the pond, with hotel searches for UK destinations up over 50% year-on-year, according to lodging expert Hotels.com®.
With the pound at a three-decade low compared to the US dollar, Britain is now a great value destination for Americans, and travelers are wasting no time in seeking out the best deals out there.
Searches by American travelers on Hotels.com®, post Brexit, have increased by a whopping 50% year-on year. Moreover, the UK is a top international destination for Americans based on company data. “For many Americans the UK is a dream destination,” says Josh Belkin, VP/GM of Hotels.com North America. “It’s no secret Americans have a real fondness for British accents, their TV shows, their pubs and the Royal family, so with the strong dollar travelers can act fast to turn that dream into a reality.”
“As we head into peak summer season, Americans eyeing up a trip to the UK will want to lock in their hotel reservation now, while they are getting a real bargain. With the British pound at a 30-year low, it means now is the time to go.”
Hotels for half the price
The Hotels.com® Hotel Price Index™ for 2015 showed that US travelers paid on average $257 per night for a hotel in London. However following the Brexit vote, certain hotel deals available to American travelers are almost half that price.
For example, a top 5 star hotel in London’s West End is available on Hotels.com from as little as $131 per room per night and that’s during peak travel season in August. Even better deals are available on 4 star central London hotels, with prices as low as $82 per room per night in August.
Top London Hotel Deals
- 4 star The RE London Shoreditch in Shoreditch from $82 per room per night
- 4 star London Elizabeth Hotel near Hyde Park from $95 per room per night
- 5 star Grange Holborn in the West End from $131 per room per night
- 5 star Mondrian London on the South Bank from $144 per room per night
- 5 star The Ampersand Hotel in Kensington from $153 per room per night
Check out even more great deals in London here. Plus Hotels.com is also offering customers 10% off hotels in the UK with coupon code UKVACAY*
Hotels.com offers hundreds of thousands of properties across more than 89 sites, in 65 countries and in 39 languages. Customers can choose the currency they wish to pay in and bookings can be made online via Hotels.com or through the mobile app available for IOS, Android and Amazon Kindle devices. On mobile, customers will also have access to special Secret Prices** to help them save even more on their next stay away. Don’t forget to sign up to Hotels.com® Rewards, to get a free*** night stay for every 10 nights paid and stayed.
Notes to Editor
- Search data is based on searches made on June 24, 25 and 26 on Hotels.com US POS for UK destinations.
- Prices quoted are based on searches for August 7, 2016. Prices are correct as of June 28, 2016, are exclusive of taxes & fees and are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- * Coupon Terms and Conditions apply. See here for full terms and conditions.
- ** Secret Prices are available to Hotels.com app users, Hotels.com® Rewards members and individuals who unlock Secret Prices on the website by subscribing to Hotels.com by email. Secret Prices will be shown where the “Your Secret Price” banner is displayed on your search results. Available on selected hotels and selected dates only. Subject to full terms and conditions.
- ***Free night does not include taxes and fees. See here for full terms and conditions
Hotels.com L.P. operates Hotels.com, a leading online accommodation booking website with properties ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favorites and bed & breakfasts, together with all the information needed to book the perfect stay. Special apps for mobile phones and tablets can also be downloaded enabling customers to book on the go with access to 20,000 last minute deals.
© 2016 Hotels.com, LP. Hotels.com, The Obvious Choice, Hotels.com Rewards, the Hotel Price Index and the Hotels.com logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotels.com, LP in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. CST # 2083949-50
Dominique Dorais – Hill+Knowlton Strategies
Phone: (347) 405-0270
Taylor L. Cole, APR
Hotels.com North America
Phone: (469) 335-8442