– Instagram’s most outrageously-stylish grandma announces a once-in-a-lifetime #BadAssBucketList trip with Hotels.com
– Baddie’s trip celebrates Hotels.com Rewards* with the Insta-granma giving her free hotel night to a super-fan after completing 10 bucket list activities and hotel stays
– She’s been stealing your man since 1928 and now she’s mixing rooftop cocktails in NYC, rubbing shoulders with NFL players and helicoptering over The Grand Canyon
– Baddie’s not the only gung-ho granny teaching the young guns about travel, as one in five people under 30 (18 percent) confess their travel plans are inspired by their favorite oldies
DALLAS, Oct. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Today Baddie Winkle and Hotels.com® announce that the Instagram superstar will be heading to New York City, Dallas and The Grand Canyon as she kicks off her #BadAssBucketList tour of North America, Brazil and Europe. Baddie wrote on her Instagram page last week; ‘Guys!!!!! @hotelsdotcom is giving me my bad ass bucket list of a lifetime!! I’m international baby! See you soon #BadAssBucketList’.
The epic trip will see the 89-year-old star, whose celebrity fans include Miley Cyrus, Khloe Kardashian and Nicole Richie, tick off her ultimate bucket list, including VIP helicopter rides, samba dancing with Brazilian beauties and rubbing shoulders with NFL stars.
Baddie’s Top 10 Bucket List includes:
- Chase waterfalls in Niagara Falls
- Mix bad ass cocktails at a New York City rooftop bar
- Score a touchdown with a Dallas Cowboy
- Ride a helicopter across the Grand Canyon
- Shake her ass at a Samba class with the locals in Rio de Janeiro
- Watch hunky volleyball players on Ipanema beach
- Bag herself a Prince at Buckingham Palace in London
- Enjoy an eye-popping performance at the Moulin Rouge in Paris
- Sing, dance and drink in a traditional Irish pub in Dublin
- Spend the night reveling at G-A-Y London
Baddie’s #BadAssBucketList trip celebrates the Hotels.com Rewards program*, which gives members one hotel night for every 10 stayed. Baddie will complete 10 bucket list activities and hotel stays, then give her free Hotels.com Rewards night to one lucky mega-fan. The last night of Baddie’s bucket list bonanza will see her touchdown in London, where the super-fan will hook up with Baddie’s squad and complete the last activity on her bucket list with her.
Details of this once-in-a-lifetime social media competition can be found on Hotels.com Instagram page. Wannabe squad members need to share a picture of themselves completing one of their bucket list goals and use the hashtag #BadAssBucketList.
Talking about her upcoming trip, Baddie said; “I am so excited for my trip with Hotels.com! I have always wanted to party in London, go to the Moulin Rouge in Paris and watch cheeky volleyball players do their thing on a beach in Brazil. Life is only as rewarding as you make it, so make the most of it!”
Baddie’s plus one for the tour will be her 21-year-old great granddaughter, Kennedy. New research** from Hotels.com reveals there’s a new trend in groovy grandparents teaching young travelers a thing or two about making the most of life, as a fifth of people under 30 across the world are inspired to travel based on the adventures of their grandparents and parents.
And it seems bad ass grandparents make the coolest travel companions, as 40 percent of millennials would prefer to complete their bucket lists with their parents or grandparents – that’s more than celebs (11 percent), siblings (28 percent) or on their own (25 percent).
Baddie is the ultimate ‘Glam Ma’ but almost a fifth of millennials admit to having a glamourous gran and one in eight confessed that their gran (or nana) was cooler than them and travelled more than them!
“We are the biggest fans of Baddie Winkle here at Hotels.com. We love her immense passion for life and her outrageously stylish wardrobe. We’re so excited to see what adventures she gets up to on her Bad Ass Bucket List tour,” said Taylor L. Cole, APR, travel expert for the Hotels.com brand. “We know Baddie will have the most amazing trip, staying at some of the coolest hotels around the globe. We’re all about giving travelers the most rewarding experiences, which is why we are very proud of Hotels.com Rewards, where members can collect 10 hotel nights and get one free. Baddie will spend her free Rewards night in London living it up with a super-fan but don’t miss a second of Baddie’s experience, so check us out on social for details!”
Follow Baddies’ #BadAssBucketList Tour across her Instagram account and Hotels.com social channels including Instagram and Facebook. Start your own adventure by downloading the Hotels.com mobile app to choose from hundreds of thousands of places to stay around the world.
Notes to Editors
* The Reward Night is excluding taxes and fees. The value of the reward night corresponds to the average accommodation price of the 10 previously collected overnight stays. Registration and booking are available through the www.hotels.com website, as well as the hotels.com app on the Apple Store and on Google Play.
**Research conducted by One Poll in September 2017. Data based on 5,200 respondents across 28 countries.
*** Secret Prices are available to Hotels.com app users, Hotels.com® Rewards members and individuals who unlock Secret Prices on the website by subscribing to Hotels.com by email. Secret Prices will be shown where the “Your Secret Prices” banner is displayed on your search results. Available on select hotels and select dates only. Subject to full terms and conditions.
Hotels.com L.P. operates Hotels.com, a leading online accommodation booking website with properties ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favorites and bed & breakfasts, together with all the information needed to book the perfect stay. Customers get instant savings *** with Secret Prices through our mobile booking app and when logged into the booking website. Hotels.com Rewards members can earn and redeem free**** nights at thousands of properties worldwide. The Hotels.com Mobile Concierge on iPhone is like having a local expert in the palm of your hand, offering fast access to services such as transportation, on-demand food delivery, restaurant reservations and activities.
© 2017 Hotels.com, LP. Hotels.com, Hotels.com Rewards and the Hotels.com logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotels.com, LP in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. CST #2083949-50