DALLAS, Jan. 30, 2018 – Capital One® and Hotels.com® are teaming up to make travel even more rewarding. Starting today, Venture customers can earn 10x miles on hundreds of thousands of hotels, just by paying with their Venture or VentureOne card on Hotels.com/Venture.
We know that people are always looking for new ways to earn rewards that are genuinely valuable and fit into their lifestyles. According to a Capital One travel survey conducted in January 2018, respondents indicated that when they are booking travel, they want simple, flexible ways to earn valuable rewards without making sacrifices. This new offer helps make it possible. Venture customers can now earn 10x miles when staying at all kinds of properties, including family-friendly resorts, boutique hotels, vacation rentals and more, and they won’t be limited to one hotel brand.
“We know travel is important to our customers, and that they are always looking for new ways to earn rewards that are both genuinely valuable and fit into their lifestyles,” said Lauren Liss, Digital Partnerships & Rewards Lead at Capital One. “It’s important to us that we meet their needs on this front. With this multi-year partnership, we are attempting to make it extremely easy for people to earn rewards, regardless of the trip they are taking, or the type of lodging they book.”
This offer works with the Hotels.com® Rewards loyalty program, which allows members to stay 10 nights and get one free, and is in addition to the unlimited miles Venture cardholders earn on all other purchases, which can be redeemed on any airline, flight, rideshare or hotel with no blackout dates.
As loyalty becomes more tilted toward customer choice, people expect new types of rewards that aren’t just valuable, but tailored to their unique needs. Combining the highly popular Venture card with the hundreds of thousands of properties available on Hotels.com is a natural step in that direction.
“When people travel, they want the flexibility to stay where and when they want and be rewarded for it,” said Scott Ludwig, Director, North America for Hotels.com. “We’ve always been able to give this to our customers through our Rewards program. This new offer for Venture cardholders provides even more value for travelers and we’re excited to partner with Capital One to make this generous and flexible offer possible.”
To learn more about how to earn and save with Capital One and Hotels.com, visit Hotels.com/venture.
Key Capital One Travel Survey Findings:
- 59% of Americans plan trips at least one month ahead of time.
- 68% of people took at least one trip to visit friends/family or for a life event in the past year.
- 74% of Millennials took at least one trip to visit family/friends or for a life event in the past year.
- 60% of Millennials estimate that over the past year, they have spent up to $2,500 on trips to visit friends and family, or for a life event.
- 55% of people estimate that over the past year, they have spent up to $2,500 visiting friends and family or for a life event.
- 64% of consumers value spending quality time with family (and friends) most when they travel.
- The top experience valued most by Millennials, Gen X and Baby Boomers when they travel is spending quality time with family and friends.
- More than half (53%) of Millennials value adventure when they travel.
- 67% of Millennials value spending quality time with family and friends.
- 78% respondents with children under the age of 18 in their household stated they travel with their children all/most of the time.
 Free night is subject to taxes & fees. Terms & Conditions apply.
 The online omnibus survey was conducted by ORC International among a demographically representative U.S. sample of 1,034 adults 18 years of age or older. It was fielded on January 8-10, 2018.
 Millennials were defined in the study as adults 20 to 37 years old.